Staying fit can be hard when you’re tired, and you want to come home from work and sit on the couch. Or you’ve been busy with the kids all day and have to throw TV dinners into the microwave to feed everyone. Living healthier becomes easier when you set yourself up for success. Here are some tips to make that transition to a more fit environment:
1. Don’t buy the junk food and the convenience food. You’re more likely to eat this when you’re feeling tired. Instead buy healthier food that you have to prepare, and cook a large batch once a week. It’ll be easy to take out of the fridge and heat up.
2. Always have healthy snacks on hand. Bring nuts or fruit with you to work or school. This will cut down on cravings, and it’ll help you stay out of the office’s stash of candy.
3. Join a local rec league so you can exercise by playing a sport you enjoy. This will make it feel less like exercise, and you will meet others that have a common interest.
4. Make a list of healthy places to eat or list healthy meals at your favorite restaurants. That way you can always have it on hand if you need to call somewhere to place an order.
5. Exercise with a friend. Even if it’s going for a walk a few times a week, this will motivate you to take a break from your schedule or get you up off the couch.
6. Park further away from your destination or start walking to work or school.
These are just a start on how you can commit your environment to health. If you feel overwhelmed with changing your environment, just start with a small step, like always bringing a healthy snack with you and work from there when you’re ready.