ONLINE COUNSELING | COVID-19
COVID-19 is changing the way we live and work. CLCEC is now offering online counseling using the HIPAA-compliant platform.
Virtual “E-Visit” Sessions
Before your appointment, you’ll receive an email with a link to access your online session. All sessions scheduled will automatically create a Zoom E-Visit link. See your email for more information.
Our Zoom connection is secure. CLCEC has the medical version of Zoom which offers full encryption, blocks zoom- bombing, and does not allow recording.
The following equipment is needed for a telehealth/E-Visit:
- A computer or device with a camera and microphone.
- Updated browser.
- Internet/wifi with strong connection and speed. We will test your equipment before we begin.
- Virtual sessions are not appropriate for people experiencing suicidal thoughts. Please call the office to discuss your concerns or call 911.
- Virtual sessions are not appropriate for those using alcohol or other substances. If your provider suspects you are under the influence, he or she will make recommendations for other options.
In-Office Sessions are Back!
Below are the current recommendations to keep us and your loved ones safe. You’re at a higher risk of exposing others if you can answer “yes” to any of the following:
Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 2 weeks: fever (reading higher than 100.4°), cough, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, sore throat, the new loss of taste/smell, muscle pain, and/or headache?
Has anyone in your household experienced or have you cared for anyone with any of the following symptoms: fever (reading higher than 100.4°), cough, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, sore throat, the new loss of taste/smell, muscle pain, and/or headache?
Have you or anyone else in your household been placed on quarantine by a health care provider in the last 10-14 days?
Have you or anyone in your household traveled internationally, or been to a social gathering of 200 or more people since your last session?
- Are you avoiding CDC recommendations to keep others safe? Such as attending bars on a regular basis? If so, please schedule a virtual session, not in-office.
Please make wise decisions during this time. We’re here to support you during this time of uncertainty, grief, and learning.
In-Office Safety & Etiquette
CLCEC staff care for people with vulnerable health issues, so it’s especially important for us to exercise caution against the COVID-19 virus.
- Masks are required to enter the building. If you do not have a mask, your provider will supply a mask.
- Seating is positioned 6 feet apart. Once in-session and seated, you may remove your mask or keep it on.
We also have a cleaning protocol in place.
Please keep in mind; if there is an exposure from a client or staff, the office may close to in-office sessions quickly. For that reason, every appointment has a Medical Zoom link, which allows us to change from an In-Office to an E-Visit at a moment’s notice.
As always, please call if you have any questions.