Telehealth & COVID-19 Policy
COVID-19 is changing the way we live and work.
CLCEC is now offering telehealth visits using the HIPAA-compliant platform.
Telehealth Sessions | Email Link Provided:
Before your appointment, you’ll receive an email with a link to access your online session. Any session scheduled using the scheduling platform will automatically create a Zoom telehealth session. See your email for more information.
Our Zoom connection is secure. CLCEC has the medical version of Zoom which offers full encryption, blocks zoom- bombing, and does not allow recording.
The following equipment is needed for a telehealth/telecounseling:
- A computer or device with a camera and microphone.
- Updated browser.
- Internet/wifi with strong connection and speed. We will test your equipment before we begin.
Preparing for Your Telehealth Session:
- Select a room in your home that provides privacy.
- Get comfortable.
- Go to the bathroom before your appointment.
- Get a cold or warm beverage for the conversation.
- Have paper and pen available.
- Set a timer or alarm, if needed, to remind you of your appointment time.
- Telehealth is not appropriate for people experiencing suicidal thoughts. Please call the office to discuss your concerns or call 911.
- Telehealth is not appropriate for those using alcohol or other substances. If your provider suspects you are under the influence, he or she will make recommendations for other options.
In-Office Sessions Requirements
Please call your provider in you require an in-office session. In-office sessions will be closed April 6th through May 1st (updated March 30, 2020).
- No travel outside of North Dakota (or the FM area) in the last 14 days.
- Normal temperature. Please take your temperature on the morning of your appointment.
- Free of all symptoms for a two week period (14 days).
- No exposure to someone who is ill, in the last 28 days.
Your provider will discuss requirements in greater detail if you make a request for an in-office session.
As always, please call if you have questions. We’re here to answer any questions.