With optimal mental health, we trust our relationships and make wise decisions about our relationships. However, based on various factors, relationally traumatized individuals often feel as if they have all or one of the following concerns:
- a poorly defined sense of self (autonomy)
- practice poor boundaries or struggle to accept boundaries established by others
- difficulty regulating emotions in relationships including aggressive posturing, being overly cynical, attempting to please the other person
- desperation to avoid loneliness
- a tendency to get in relationships to rescue others
- pattern of relationship with a superficial level of intimacy
- constant body tension around people or sense of threat that does not match the facts
The Personal Growth Program is a program created to heal the individual and his/her ability to connect with others. The program offers EMDR to heal relational trauma. Also, you will learn skills to strengthen communication and build relational trust. Relationships are people-growing experiences and strengthen our ability to empathize with others, vocalize our needs, learn from rejection (another person’s boundaries), and practice healthy attachment patterns.
The paradox of healing from relational trauma is that which is most feared is what is most needed to heal and restore. We are linked together and all people have relational trauma. Healing means looking at ways to not inflict pain on others, as well as not imposing pain on oneself. Both are equally self-destructive.
Please request provider, Erin Hagen, when calling to schedule an appointment for relational wholeness.