Education about Anxiety & Depression Conditions and Mental Wellness
Welcome to Conscious Living Counseling & Education Center’s resource page. Once a month we’ll post a videos and/or audio training. We also provide additional resources concerning anxiety & depression, mood, sleep, health & wellness, and health management. Let us know if you have questions!
Below is not a complete list, as we rotate and update the list on a monthly basis.
Please note the recommendations on our website are for informational purposes only and are not professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Always discuss a product with your physician. Also, if you are having a medical emergency, call a doctor or 911 immediately. This website does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions. We encourage you to do your own research.
ANXIETY & DEPRESSION RESOURCES
1. Book: Noise in Your Head, by Reid Wilson.
Our provider, Kama, has had several opportunities to train with Dr. Wilson. Dr. Wilson has written several other helpful books including Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents and Playing with Anxiety.
2. Book: What to Do When Your Brain Gets Stuck: A Kid’s Guide to Overcoming OCD
Yes, this is a book for children struggling with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. However, we believe it’s great for adults too.
3. Online Resource- Should you use Anxiety Medications?
4. Book: The Upward Spiral: Using Neuroscience to Reverse the Course of Depression, One Small Change at a Time by Alex Korb
Depression can feel like a downward spiral. The book, The Upward Spiral, discusses the intricate brain processes that cause depression and offers a practical and effective approach to getting better.
PRODUCTS TO RESEARCH & CONSIDER
- Jason Burns created www.fidgetland.com, He’s created the best fidgets for adults- hands down! Many adults need movement to think and process information. We highly recommend the “MAR” as it’s the office favorite.
- Time Timer products by www.timetimer.com. Products designed for anyone who wants to measure and manage time more effectively.
CHRONIC PAIN & DEPRESSION
- www.protectometer.com. The Explain Pain Handbook brings the latest in pain science into an easily accessible book for patients and introduces the Protectometer.
- Research the “chronic pain” cycle. Learn why it’s so essential to your vitality and find a provider that can assist you to break the cycle if you’re in it! Pain Cycle Explained Video
- Why Things Hurt, TEDx Video by Lorimer Moseley. Why Things Hurt Video
SLEEP PRODUCTS TO RESEARCH & CONSIDER
- Magnesium Oil
- “Deep Sleep” extract by Herbal Medicine
- Chamomile Tea
SENSORY PRODUCTS TO CONSIDER
- Muscle Roller Stick for body tension in lower body.
- The Roll Model by Jill Miller. A step-by-step guide to ease pain and improve body tension.
- MELT method for stiff neck and shoulders related to anxiety disorder. Do daily for best results. MELT & Anxiety Neck Pain Video
- Learn about correct posture from Bodyworks. Correct Posture Video
NERVOUS SYSTEM & CHRONIC MEDICAL CONDITIONS RESOURCES
1. www.yogainternational.com YOGA INTERNATIONAL offers resources for home stretching and yoga. Small membership fee applies for some products.
2. People living with POTS are often misdiagnosed with an anxiety disorder. Learn more about living with this condition. Postural Tachycardia Syndrome.
THIS MONTH’S BEST ANXIETY & DEPRESSION MOOD-ALTERNING MUSIC (Patient Recommendations)
Song about Grief: “Smile” by Robert Randolph & Family Band
Song about Depression: “If It Makes You Happy” by Sheryl Crow
Song about Embracing Anxiety: “The Crow” by Dessa
THIS MONTH’S BOOK HIGHLIGHT
Book: OVERCOMING AND AVOIDING ILLNESS: WTF? by James Lilley. Looks like this book is free on amazon download this month. Not sure how long this will last? Mr. Lilley wrote this book after recovering from a unique illness. He has no online profile and isn’t trying to make a buck from sharing his insights. He markets the text as a good read for anyone “interested in staying well or getting well, this is a step by step guide to a less stressed, more energized, healthier version of you. To be clear, this isn’t just another hyped up health book to look good sitting on the shelf, it’s an empowering problem solving tool.”
BEST MENTAL HEALTH APP
- “Moodkit”Apple product. Best app for monitoring and improving thoughts.
- “Recovery Record” a free app for anyone struggling with food/eating/body image related anxiety.