Education about Anxiety & Depression Conditions and Mental Wellness
Welcome to Conscious Living Counseling & Education Center’s resource page. Once a month we post updated education information related to anxiety and depression conditions. We also provide resources concerning mood, sleep, health & wellness, and health management. Let us know if you have questions!
Please note the recommendations on our website are for informational purposes only. Please contact your medical provider for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Always discuss a product with your physician. Also, if you are having a medical emergency, call a doctor or 911 immediately. This website does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions.
We encourage you to do your own research.
ANXIETY & DEPRESSION RESOURCES
1. Book: Noise in Your Head, by Reid Wilson.
Our provider, Kama, has had several opportunities to train with Dr. Wilson. Dr. Wilson has written several other helpful books including Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents and Playing with Anxiety.
2. Book: What to Do When Your Brain Gets Stuck: A Kid’s Guide to Overcoming OCD
Yes, this is a book for children struggling with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. However, we believe it’s great for adults too.
3. Online Resource- Should you use Anxiety Medications?
4. Book: The Upward Spiral: Using Neuroscience to Reverse the Course of Depression, One Small Change at a Time by Alex Korb
Depression can feel like a downward spiral. The book, The Upward Spiral, discusses the intricate brain processes that cause depression and offers a practical and effective approach to getting better.
PRODUCTS TO RESEARCH & CONSIDER
- Jason Burns created www.fidgetland.com, Best fidgets for adults- hands down! Many adults need movement to think and process information. We highly recommend the “MAR” as it’s the office favorite.
- Time Timer products by www.timetimer.com. Products designed for anyone who wants to measure and manage time more effectively.
CHRONIC PAIN & DEPRESSION
- www.protectometer.com. The Explain Pain Handbook brings the latest in pain science into an easily accessible book for patients and introduces the Protectometer.
- Research the “chronic pain” cycle. Learn why it is essential to your vitality and find a provider that can assist you to break the pain cycle. Pain Cycle Explained Video
- Why Things Hurt, TEDx Video by Lorimer Moseley. Why Things Hurt Video
SLEEP PRODUCTS TO RESEARCH & CONSIDER
- Magnesium Oil
- “Deep Sleep” extract by Herbal Medicine
- Chamomile Tea
SENSORY PRODUCTS TO CONSIDER
- Muscle Roller Stick for body tension in lower body.
- The Roll Model by Jill Miller. A step-by-step guide to ease pain and improve body tension.
- MELT method for stiff neck and shoulders related to anxiety disorder. Do daily for best results. MELT & Anxiety Neck Pain Video
- Learn about correct posture from Bodyworks. Correct Posture Video
- www.hormonesmatter.com. Over 20% of women report their mental health decreases on birth control, yet women in the states are often told that birth control is 100% safe and has no significant side effects.
- www.ellendolgen.com. For the most up to date information on menopause and online resources.
- Book Recommendation: The Menopause Solution, published by Mayo Clinic.
NERVOUS SYSTEM & CHRONIC MEDICAL CONDITIONS RESOURCES
1. www.yogainternational.com YOGA INTERNATIONAL offers resources for home stretching and yoga. Small membership fee applies for some products.
2. People living with POTS are often misdiagnosed with an anxiety disorder. Learn more about living with this condition. Postural Tachycardia Syndrome.
3. Thyroid levels are not cut & dry. If you’ve struggled with depression and feel that something is off, test your thyroid levels and read this article Understanding Thyroid Labs.
THIS MONTH’S PATIENT RECOMMENDATION
Book: Ink in Water: An Illustrated Memoir
THIS MONTH’S BOOK HIGHLIGHT
Book: Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting, or Self-Involved Parents, 2015, by Lindsay Gibson.
Grew up with an emotionally immature or unavailable parent? You may have lingering feelings of anger, shame, loneliness, or abandonment. These wounds can be healed, and you can move forward in your life. This little book has the power to heal!
THIS MONTH’S “BEST OF” RESOURCES
Trying to cut down on unhealthy foods? Check out paleoleap.com for great meal ideas and nutritional information. (Disclaimer: CLCEC does not endorse any particular diet.)